Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Journey is about to begin...

To those of you that are new to my blog, I have been playing poker for 15 years. The majority of that was during my younger days and we would play a ton! I dabbled the past 3 years playing online with pretty solid success. I was a sit n go player and made some decent cash and had decent results in MTTs as well. My transition to cash has been up and down, but I haven't logged enough hands to really make any conclusions. I do beleive I am a slight loser in cash. Currently, I have a young son and another due in 2 months. If I want to play poker, I need to make the time I devote count because my time is very valuable to me and my family. My first lesson is set for March 7th. I am excited to get grinding...

Poker-wise, here is where I stand:

I have dabbled in cash, mainly $1/2 NL and sit n go tourneys up to the $77 sngs on Party Poker before they stopped allowing US-based players on their tables. I made decent money playing sngs, but I want to transition to cash. My goal is to move along the learning curve as quickly as possible with the help of my coach and start becoming a winning player. I am not looking to become rich or get myself on TV, but I am looking for a solid supplement to my income.

So, please come and visit and read my blog. This is going to be a fun journey and I have a lot of confidence that I can make the jump from being a casual, slightly losing player to a solid winning player. I think a little direction and a good coach will get me over the hump. I am really excited about it.

If my description of myself sounds at all like you, stay tuned and check in on my progress. See if I can make it happen!

No comments: