Tuesday, January 16, 2007

January 16, 2007

I am playing periodically. I have decided to make one last ditch effort to pick up playing again. In doing so, I have allowed myself to gamble a bit. I am playing with a modest bankroll of just under $500 bucks and figured I would pick up my play and either crap out or start to make some money. One nice benefit is the money comes in faster and motivates you more, but one short slide and its all over. I dont think i would reup at this point...But I have been playing great since committing. I have won about 200 in 2 days...starting to build my bankroll, work on my game and starting to see the results. I am cashing regularly and taking a few too many bubbles for my liking, but it's a great sign that i continually get there. Time to adjust and play a bit tighter game...

Overall, promising. Periodic updates to follow...

I just ran some numbers and I am truly gambling by stepping up to the $36s. I only had about 14 buy ins...so that is definitely something I would tell others to avoid doing. If you add my current bankroll with the rakeback I have in my account, I now have about 23 buy ins. I dont feel comfortable until I have about 30-40 and truly comfortable when I have 70 or more. I have seen too many swings to feel comfortable with any less then 50.

Part of my game I need to work and focus on is my bubble play. I know how important this stage of the game is, but I have been a bit donkish lately on it...bubbling far too often and regretting some decisions I have made. I was shortstacked when I made these moves, but I was forcing the issue and cost myself some $$. The more regularly I play, the more I will be able to tighten up this bubble situation...repetition is key for me. These decisions must come quicky and be second nature if I am ever going to start to add more tables.

No comments: