Tuesday, January 30, 2007

January 30, 2007

I just played a set of 3. Played well and took 2, 3, and 5th. ugh, i played great tonight and feel like i was owning the tables. Its amazing what people will call you with late in sngs. You really must stay disciplined and play your strong hands aggressively because you will get action. I took 2 str8 75:25 beats when we got to the money. That would have set me up with a dominating chip lead heads up, instead i was out in 3rd. I ran into aces with my AKs late in a sng...id do it again if in the same situation. And I took a few nasty ones in the one i took 2nd in...overall, good night and i might play a few more.

One thing i did a bit more of in this set was playing back at raisers. If there is a weakish raise and you are yet to act, i find that if you read any weakness or if they are the big stack, you can make a relatively modest raise and take it down. I think they feel like the smallish reraise is a sign of strength and they let the hand go...i need to start using this more...i am super tight early in sngs, so its best used the in the middle to later part when blinds have creeped up and my table image is definitely tight.

No comments: