Thursday, August 07, 2008

August 7, 2008

I saw my last post and remember making it. I used my Full tilt points and my FPPs at poker stars and generated a good 1400 in cash. I never realized how valuable those points could be.

I have about $600 in my full tilt account and i am going to start playing .10/.25 to see if I can build a bankroll. I want to slowly build and if I find some success I want to start to subscribe to some decent websites for help. I am considering poker x-factor once I am properly bankrolled for .50/1, which will be about $3000...however, if my learning curve at the lower stakes accelerates, then i think i might hold off...At this point, it is all just a guess, but I am hoping to get back to where I can make $1-2k a month. That would allow me to go back to school and get my PhD, which is my 2 year goal...to be accepted into a program.

I played a little last night and was up 2 buy ins at one point but ended up about $5 or a quarter of a buy in. It was fun.

Right now, there is not a lot of time to devote to poker because I am teaching, have my son, my job, and penelope...all needing attention. I am going to have to balance everything. However, i really do hope i can make poker a high enough priority to start building a solid bankroll. Let's see if I can continue this poker ride that started a few years ago and still has my interest enough to be posting here today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Family is important so don't let poker take over you life. You sound grounded enough that that won't happen.

Good luck with the poker though.