Friday, August 08, 2008

August 8, 2008

I played a little bit more last night. I believe I made a few bucks...about $15 over the past two nights. I need to get with the poker software to see what my win rate is in terms of BB/100. I realize with the amount of patience I have I will never be satisfied with a reasonable win rate, but as my stakes climb I will be able to pull back on my aggressiveness.

These low stakes are great for learning to feel what the game is like when you are very well bankrolled. You really dont care about losing 25 bucks, but losing a buy in makes me frustrated. the money isnt what makes me frustrated, but it is losing the unit. You do not play scared poker and end up learnign a lot about your game. i was a bit too timid when I was playing before. I think I hit a major heater and built my bankroll, but when I started to come back down to earth I couldnt stomach it.

My bankroll is over $600, but $40 is tied up in tourney $$s, so i will be trying to play a few MTTs here in the next few weeks. Updates to follow as i get more stats and sessions in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't want to climb in stakes too fast because that is what causes many to get their bankroll knocked down.

If you can consistently bring in a profit at the stake you're at, continue doing it.

AlphaGeek said...

Thanks for the comment. I agree totally and that is part of the struggle. I have limited time and know I have played at much higher levels with solid success. It is a balance between fighting my urge to play higher stakes and realizing I need to grind it out at the lower stakes until I am properly bankrolled.