Friday, September 12, 2008

September 12, 2008

I didnt play last night, but I did on the 10th. Played 11 sngs and won just over 4 buy ins...

I am feeling very confident about my starting hand selection early, on the bubble, and ITM. My finish distribution has been excellent with a lot of 1sts. I take 1st more than any other place, which is great. I am coming around and now need to start to log a significant number of sngs. I am easily able to play 12 sngs on any session, so my goal is to reach 300 in a month. that is pretty ambitious considering the load I have on my shoulders and the obligations I have for my time, but I think it is doable. We are looking to set up a home office, which will allow me to add a second monitor and therefore play 6-8 tables more easily. that will make my goal of 300 very attainable and then I can shoot for 400.

My bankroll started at $600 and I lost half of it. Then, I was slowly losing down to about $250. At one point, I had my entire bankroll in play. Now, I am back up to over $600 and looking to make a push for $1000. That will give me over 40 buy ins and the confidence I need to not worry about my risk of ruin. Once over $1200 I feel like I will never have to even consider stepping back down to the $12.

I think the major difference between my game now and the one I was playing a month ago is that I am being more aggressive nearing and on the bubble. I will reraise/push to late position raisers. That is a huge move because it will often add a very substantial amount of chips and you never go to showdown. The second adjustment I made is that I am being more aggressive as the blinds creep up in proportion to my stack. I had gotten lucky a few times pushing marginal hands when I have say, $1000 chips and blinds are 60/120. I will push now in middle to late position and when I get lucky it provides me enough chips to play out the rest of the sng without the urgency and need to push and double again. Both of these adjustments have turned september into a very nice month for me and I look to continue my success and log more tables.

#################################################

Played a set of 4 tonight making it to the bubble in each. I took 2, 2, 3, 4. I played awesome. A little loose early and pulled it in. Picked up big hands, many didnt hold up, but played very patient and should have moneyed in all 4. I called a lot of pushes on the bubble and was in ahead every single time. The bubbles were brutal tonight with the shortstack doubling though the big stack several times on a few tables, which means there is a new shortstack, but nothing so short it is only a matter of time before they bust. I got very unlucky on both sides of the race many times to bust people...but feel fortunate to be up a solid amount. I am almost at the 30 buy in threshold which many people use to say that is the number of buy ins necessary to reduce your risk of ruin...I like to be closer to 50 because i do not like to drop down buy ins to win money half as fast as you lost it.

I am excited because i am starting to put together many consecutive winning days like i used to...

anyway, my roll is growing and so is my confidence...not sure if i will fire up another set tonight...but looking to log a lot of tables this weekend. the play on full tilt is just sickeningly bad and i need to play more. i thought/heard the earn on sngs is tough these days, but i am finding them amazingly loose and crazy. hope it continues...

No comments: