Tuesday, August 01, 2006

August 1, 2006

Ok, despite only winning 85 bucks during my last 163 sngs...I feel fortunate. I won about a grand over July...sucks cuz i was up 1900 at one point...then just watched my bankroll dwindle...but I am encouraged because my play has come around, but the results just arent there. But, that is part of my challenge...its to overcome the results oriented thinking and focus on playing a solid game and logging tables. So, I have a lot of things riding on August...first off, Party has a promo that if you earn 100 party points every day in august, you win 300. Missing a day happens, but i am going to try to get that bonus, which means 9 sngs a night...which is significant, but that will ensure that i make my goal for sngs played...i am going to 2 table my first set and start to scale back a bit so i can concentrate a bit more, rediscover my game, and then add more tables...lets see how tonight goes!

Firing up set 1.

Set 1 went well, finished with a first and a second. Played very well...very happy with the way things went...my bubble play and itm play on the one i won left something to be desired...i was far too passive. the irony is that before i was playing well and losing, now we spent 20 mins with 3 people and no one can eliminate someone...blinds were 600/1200 lol

i did lay a nasty bad beat on the shortstack...we went at it preflop, he had KK i had QQ both of us had a club...the board ended up with X89 10 J of clubs, so i pulled the straight flush lol

Finished up my last set of 6 with 2 firsts...so I'm up tonight...woohoo...so, here is the problem...should i keep playing? i think i will take a short break and play some more. Playing stone sober tonight...a clear mind make a difference? Just a snifter of cognac while i played and i feel mellow!

No comments: