Sunday, August 06, 2006

August 6, 2006

OK, it is with a renewed sense of discipline that i have taken on my challenge. I fucked around too much with MTTs last night...and should have cashed one, but made a move with JJ and dude had AA...not much of a move with JJ though, not much more i could have done.

Today, doing ok, took a first in my first set of 4. played well, made one loose call with 66 nearing the bubble...huge pot, took a chance and lost. i needed to get a big pot in there anyway at some point, and there was a lot of dead money in the pot and the big stack had pushed, i figured to muscle everyone...i put him on a strong suited ace and i called. he had jacks and i am writing in my blog right now...so it apparently didnt turn out for me. i might make that call again, but i did have a comfortable stack and it might have been a bit too aggressive. nah, i wouldnt do it again...shoulda folded.

I played well in the others. should have made the money in another but took back to back nasty ones from a dude. he was cool, we were chatting while we were playing, so it didnt sting like it normally would have...its funny, i chat with people that i see a lot online if they are willing to talk...its good to get to know the competition because i see them on here all the time. plus, heres the cool thing, if you get to know them, then you will play a better game when they are on your table...helps stay disciplined. OK, time to get some more going...playing well today. Need a little more impulse control this set...i fought it a lot last time and that one call proved it gets the best of me...

I am really starting to question the statistics behind poker...i mean, i realize they are what they are, but they just let you overestimate your hand...in my last set, here is the list of beats I took:

A7 vs A6 on the bubble simulataneously on another table, i have K10 with a K 10 on the flop, some dude pushes with A3 and catches runner runner for the straight.

my QQ lost to 88 when he pulled a 4 flush and busted me on the bubble

lost JJ to A9 on the bubble too

and lost AQ vs A3 heads up to win it, then I took 2nd.

all those beats probably cost me close to 500 bucks...maybe much more if i could have finished off those bubble situations. hard to stay focus, but i need a break...gonna chill, maybe play some more later. these donks are horrible on party poker, but they keep finding ways to suck out.

I dont think i am cut out for poker...i mean, i bubbled again, big stacks just suck and arent calling anything...i lose after getting sucked out on 3 different times...i build, get sucked out on, rebuild, get sucked out on...brutal. i cant do it...time to look into day trading...hopefully more stable...then i will come back adn play limit. do some bonus whoring and gear up for live play.

I did dabble in the speeds...played 2 adn took a 3rd. in typical fashion, we are all pretty evenly stacked, i get KK in BB and he pushes at me with A5o...i call of course and he flops 2 aces. more speeds...im gonna play speeds cuz they just go so much faster.

I like the speeds...time to start concentrating on these.

No comments: