Monday, August 07, 2006

August 7, 2006

Like a good boxer, i brush myself off and get up off the canvas. My ass has been handed to me a few times in the past few weeks...pretty much in a break even stretch here...get up a little, lose it back along with my confidence. Just not having a heck of a lot of fun right now, but a pro would sit back down and play. Not that I am a pro, but i would want to emulate that mindset and approach. so, here i go...

i think i located my major weakness...i am rushing things on teh bubble...granted i am ahead, but i need to slow down. sure, most times it will be pushed at me by the turn, but i need to pull back and resist that urge to push. It forces the issue and if you are all in by the flop, you may be ahead, but your hand must withstand 2 more cards, which can obviously shift the nuts several different ways when its all said and done. patience...i think i finally internalized this one and will always look for this weakness in my game because its so natural to me...i realized this by 2 tabling and really concentrating...i am not respecting the game...i am 2 tabling until i get my head on straight.

Al, i wanted to say thanks for the talk today...i enjoy our talks and they help me get in the right frame of mind...slightly more open, but our discussion tonight helped me make a few connections that I had missed...part of it being my thoughts in the previous paragraph. I also think that the depth of the commitment I made today with my training is finally setting in and I am feeling excited and looking forward to getting started...I just feel like things are happening and I am almost a little scared because I am finally setting myself up for success...strange...this moment of clarity has manifested itself as a sense of calm over me....i have never felt like this before...i mean, really i havent. i have also never gone this far towards creating goals and situations to suceed...i wonder if subconsciously i know i am heading in the right path and am preparing for the road ahead...lets see, but right now i couldnt be more at peace with my situation.

Ok, so far today i am down vig in my sngs...lost the first 2 and realized the error of my ways, then played to a 2nd, where i had the chip lead, a small one, heads up. so, not bad...i was feeling focused today, so i thought a cheap MTT would be a fun thing to do since i will be working really hard starting next week and wont have time to play these very much anymore...so i treated myself to an $11 MTT. right now, 2nd break, average stack is 18,100 and i have 41,105. Playing well, taking my time, letting hands develop, not overbetting...its like clarity returns, until i get sucked out on, but i will still be playing the hands well...i have been overbetting baby, once again i see it and i will not forget this one! Updates on the MTT to follow:

$11 MTT:

First break 7200
Second break 41,105 (111 left, 100 money)

No comments: