Friday, December 16, 2005

And the grind continues...

At work on Friday...I need to start getting to bed earlier. Need to have more discipline and 4-table. 4-tabling would cut my playing time in half, allow me for more time for other things every night. Considering I work a day job, this is big...could equal a few extra hours of sleep a night. I think the only thing keeping me from 4-tabling now is bankroll more than anything. Once I get about 100 buy ins for the $55s, I will bust out 4 tables. Until then, the grind continues. I think 4-tabling is the minimum number of simultaneous tables you need to play before you consider playing for a living. Most likely, more than 4. I have to get there...Need to increase my roll about 60% before I get there...the count down begins.

If I am going to work full time and play poker, the day job needs to get the respect it deserves and I can't say that it does. So, time to focus on the day job today...Tonight, poker! after happy hour! :)

Results

So I disappeared for a few days. A friend of mine came in from out of town, then I had a few stay with me at my place...so I didnt have the time to make the posts and my updates. Plus, this was a terrible night. I dropped 10 buy ins on the 55s. A combination of tough luck and bad play. I think my play wasnt as bad as it could have been...i think i kept my tilt to a minimum. I will have to review some hand histories to be sure. Took the next night off and won 118 last night while partying with my friends. Just played a few sngs and the $40k. Had an excellent run in the $40, but took a stand with trip queens ace kicker and lost to queens full tens. Tough luck, would have put me in excellent position to cash. I have been getting near the bubble with a good stack and i am looking to get in one more good hand to position myself for the bubble, but I run into a monster. Maybe pushing things too much and looking for one big hand. Hard to say though, I would play it the same in retrospect.

Looking to play some more tomorrow.

No comments: