Monday, December 19, 2005

A New Week Begins...Now It's Pretty Much Over!

This week is a short one for me. I have to leave on Wednesday night for home and only can play Monday and Tuesday. Ideally, I would like to offset my loses from Friday night by the time I leave for home. That is about $200 a night. I have a ton of work to do, so I better get on it and will come back and update later after I am caught up.

I have quite a bit of stuff going on this week, so playing is not a priority. My mind is elsewhere and I cannot focus when I sit down to play. For one, I had 2 friends staying with me until Tuesday. They are leaving, but now I have to pack for my trip home because I am leaving after work on wednesday, so that leaves me little time on Tuesday to play. I might play some at my friends when I get to Wisconsin, but I do not want to be sitting in front of a computer while I should be spending time with family and friends. Looks like January is a perfect chance to buckle down and make my push for 250 sngs.

UPDATE:

Ok, real life has been calling. Along with the holidays, poker just has taken a back seat for the week. Now, because I am heading home, it will take a back seat to the holidays and family stuff. Also, I got a new job that offers me a more flexible schedule, more $$, better benefits, etc. So, that is exciting. I currently play poker more as a supplement to my income rather than hobby...meaning it does help pay my bills. This job will take the stress of HAVING to make money away, which I think will help me as I build my bankroll.

So, for anyone that actually reads my blog in its early stages, don't give up on me. I will get back into town on December 27th. I will be refreshed and ready to rock and roll! New job, new outlook, I sure hope the ride is a fun one!

No comments: