Friday, October 03, 2008

October 3, 2008

So far playing great...the only 2 i busted out of was pair over pair and lost to runner runner straight. I was ahead on the flop on the other and lost again to runner runner straight. playing well...i feel good tonight.

just took down 2 straight and have 6 open.

Playing well...up about 4 buy ins and still going strong.

Very happy with my play thus far...lost 2 heads up matches where i was in ahead, but didnt hold on...looking good tonight!!

The key for me tonight is that i am not forcing things...i am not getting too antsy nearing the bubble...i am not pushing unless i am very, very short. Seems to be working and my patience is being paid of.

Let me clarify what very, very short is. Typically, I get antsy around 10 BB...but I am waiting if the blinds are 120/240. I am holding off until they reach 150/300 and waiting until i have about 4 BBs..


I hold off, tempted to push...get AA the next hand as a reward and get it cracked...playing very well...need to remember the patience...i think i often push too quickly...need to stay patient.

just lost a big one on the bubble with AQ v KJ to the rivered king...still alive though...

I am making big calls on the bubble with middle pairs, 77 & 88. Gone both ways...I guess its a better idea because when i win it, i am in a great position to win the sng...but if i lose and try limpin into the money you are pretty much playing for 3rd.

great night...up about 7 buy ins...

I currently sit at 37 buy ins for the next level. I prefer to have at least 50...so I am inching my way towards moving up!!

########################
Session stats

20 sngs (5 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd - AWESOME distribution)
36.1% ROI
40% ITM

My ITM %age wasnt super high. I didnt feel like I was winning more than usual, but I knew I was taking 1st a good portion of the time. Very happy with the results!

No comments: