Sunday, October 05, 2008

October 5, 2008

Just finished up my first session of the weekend. I have quite a bit of work to do for the two classes I am teaching. I played for a solid 2 hours. Not quite sure how I did yet, but I had some nasty beats to bubble on 3 of the last 6 sngs I played...so it could have been a great session...but I am sure I am still up for it...I will upload my HHs and get the stats up shortly.

This is the kind of session I like...a few bad beats...a few suck outs...nothing too streaky, just steady progress. If poker was always like this, I would never quit playing!!

###################

Today's stats for far:

20 sngs
15.5% ROI
35% ITM (4 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd. Another great distribution)

Getting late tonight and played some more. Kept about even...had some nasty beats on the bubble and ITM. If one hand would have held up that was sucked out on the session would have been a winning one for sure. I do not mind the break even sessions...they help bring the ROI back down to a more realistic range without the big downswing. I am thinking about firing up some more, the play is just so bad right now. I am noticing the other people multitabling the same buy ins are quite a bit looser than me. I get in good against them 75% of the time. I should fear no sng player at the buy ins I am playing. I think I should run over the next level as well.

I played 13 more sngs...so 33 on the day. I am optimistic about the number of sngs I am playing. Volume has always been my biggest challenge and I seem to have overcome that for the time being. I even took a nasty downswing when I started and kept powering through. Very encouraging.

My parents come to town on Friday afternoon, so I do not think I will be playing much for the week they are here. Maybe an hour or two here and there, but it would be rude to play while they are in town. So, I am shooting for Gold on Full Tilt and will go for Ironman next month.

As an aside...I have a dual monitor set up I need to get hooked up. I am very profitably 6-tabling, so I think I deserve a raise. I am going to start 8-tabling as soon as I can get a decent workstation set up. That means 33% more tables in the same amount of time...it's all about volume!!

No comments: