Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday, THE END

For the time being, i am going to quit playing poker. Hit a nasty downswing...i know some is bad play, but just a horrible dose of variance. Poker is an impossible game if you cannot win a race and those are typically 50/50 propositions, but I lose 60/40 "races" lately about 75/25...As i type this, i lost a race for 85% of my stack, then got finished off AQs vs KJs...i didnt even look, just saw i was eliminated...so there are two more in a row...

Just to give a quick update on the final set of sngs i am playing...i have called 2 pushes and got in with the better ace, AK v A3 and A8 v A7 and split both times!! just lost A6 v 55, yet another race. I did just have A10 v A8 hold on the bubble to get ITM...but little consolation. I just lost 66 v AK, yet another race...so far, the only hand that has held up while blogging tonight is a 3:1 favorite...not gonna win much with that sort of luck!!

Poker is no fun when this happens...sure, thats an obvious statement. however, to be properly bankrolled, I need about 400-750 ...so I can deposit that in the future and start playing because it isnt a huge amount of money...but until then, i will take what is left of my bankroll and take my beautful fiance out for dinner...I will be out the money, but it will be well worth it! At least I wont feel like I flushed it down the toilet! We are going to have our second child at the end of April...So, Until I play again, which may be quite a while...peace out!

No comments: