Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Tuesday 3/7/2006

Ok, so I got a new job today. I interviewed, hammered it, and they liked me...First job I have ever been excited about the prospect of working there...so this is a good thing.

I know this is a departure from what I have been saying about what I want to do with my time...but I have realized there is just so much time in the day to waste that I needed to be productive. I have been struggling with my discipline right now...not that I am not getting things done, but I just know I can do everything I want/need to do, but I can also do that with a full time job...I can play poker after work and I can work on my project after work and on weekends...If it ever materializes into what I envision...Then I really don't need to worry about anything, so accepting this job was just a smart move on my part...very fortunate to have it!

So, I am going out to dinner in a little while and will fire up a set or two in a few hours...

Ok, so I pussed out and didnt play tonight...the real reason is that I just didnt feel like playing...enjoying my new job!

BUT, I thought I would change up my blog a little. I see a lot of shit that pisses me off and I dont have a place to document and air my grievances and to add a little commentary into my life and my interests...today, SPORTS!!

Poker has taken a bit of the steam from my passion for sports, but I think that will quickly change. I find what is going on in baseball to be so funny that it makes me sad that the sportswriters have to act like politicians when it comes to things like STERIODS. I used to work in a baseball shop in the late 80s. Back then, i had clemens, bonds, mcgwire, griffey rookie cards coming out of my ears. Not to mention my favorite player, whom I named my goldfish after, KIRBY PUCKETT (RIP)!! What i find so funny and bullshit about whats going on is when i used to follow these guys religiously, mcgwire could hit homers, shit 49 as a rookie, but he wasnt the monstrosity he was at the end of his career...look at Sosa and Bonds...I was bigger than those dudes, but they became these enormous, pill popping, steriod injecting GAZILLIONAIRES. To make these players out to be the bad guys, thats messed up. i agree it is bullshit, but there were no repercussions...oh, wait, there was one... A HUGE FUCKIN CONTRACT! look at guys like cecil fielder...big and fat when he got into the league, big a fat when he retired. lets put him in the hall cuz we know his ass is natural. this isnt a commentary on how to reform anything, but it is my one place where i can put blame where it belongs...BUD SELIG, you hurt the game of baseball by turning a blind eye to this problem and now there are a lot of heros being villified due to your own incompetence...why the fuck would baseball let the owner of one of the teams that struggles the most run the whole fuckin league? Politicians and people in power in MLB must just live on a different planet. look at a picture of barry bonds when he was a rookie...look at his face. now, look at the pictures you see on TV...if you think hard work in the weight room makes your face look that much different, those fat motherfuckers never stepped foot in a gym. Man, i must be some sort of clarvoyant...i knew this before some stupid ass book told me so. and i also dont expect a grand jury to bring out the truth...what a waste of tax payer $$. this country is so fucked up...

anyway, this was pretty fun. gonna try to add more of these little personal tidbits in with poker stuff as well...this is me, strong opinions on everything, but i dont give a shit about anything!

No comments: