Tuesday, October 24, 2006

October 24, 2006

So I am at it again...had aces twice today and cracked both times...not off to the start i wanted, but I feel I am playing well. I can't wait until I start to log some more significant numbers of sngs so I can determine if i am playing a profitable game...hard to tell. I feel good about it, but never can tell until the money starts coming in over the long run.

I remember why I hated poker before. Man, I am playing really well, getting in ahead and losing. At least I got to heads up this time. The break really helped because it doesnt bother me nearly as much as it did when I was grinding. However, the memories are starting to come back and the emotions that I felt...thankfully, like i mentioned, my emotions dont come up to the surface like they used to. Either it is me improving my level of control, or just the benefit of taking a short break. I think it will be important to distinguish which one it is because if its the former, I will be very happy. It will mean another step overcome in my journey...if its the latter, then it looks like I have some more work to do....regardless, back to the tables...

I'M BACK, BABY!

I have been questioning my game because I have been experiencing a lot of bad beats and just horrible luck. But, after a while you start to get sick of hearing yourself say it. I mean, come on, I am aware it is very easy to fool yourself, so I try to be as objective as possible when evaluating my game. I feel I am playing solid sng poker again. I qualify that because I realize sng poker is not poker...its a more mechanical style that takes some skill on the bubble, but thats about it.

Currently, I am playing the $22+2 turbos on Full Tilt. They are pretty laughable, so I am glad to be playing and eating a lot of fish...I have tourney manager up and running and will start tracking my stats again. when party changed its format and they wouldnt upload into sng tracker, that made me lose focus because i need to look at the numbers to stay interested...let me restate that because it is so important, I NEED TO SEE THE NUMBERS TO STAY FOCUSED! What that means is that I need to keep solid statistics if I am going to do this long term. I cannot take a cavalier attitude towards it. After I stopped keeping stats and obsessing over my game, I took the attitude that if bankroll keeps growing, who cares how quickly it grows or what my ROI is. That complacency is what causes games to erode to barely profitable or -EV. I am promising myself that I will be as diligent now as I was before. It's time to make some money!

No comments: