Wednesday, October 25, 2006

October 25, 2006

I am excited to feel the poker bug in me again. My only fear, and part of the reason I took a break, was because I started a new job and wanted to focus on it. Well, I hope I can balance everything. I love my job, but unless I can make a little more, poker will be a part of my life. If i could get a $20k raise, I would set poker aside...it would be just a hobby.

So, back to grinding and I am pretty damn excited about it!

As anticipated, I am thinking about poker while I am at work...this is not good because i cannot focus on work then. However, while mulling over stats and numbers, it reminds me why I was so "addicted" to poker before. The money is just so crazy. I read a lot of blogs about people that are winning a lot of money and it just is crazy...the amount of money young kids are throwing around...I just hope they have the good sense to put some of it away.

Anyway, I am setting some goals for myself. I am so excited to be tracking my statistics again. Software is such a blessing! I am going to be playing a combination of $24 and $36 sngs for the foreseeable future. I used to grind the $77s on party, but I am slowly getting back into it. I cashed out all my bankroll and its sitting in neteller, but i put $600 in Full tilt for the bonus and I am hoping i can grow my bankroll without ever having to reload...I also want to start to develop a more well rounded game...i think reading some of the poker books i bought would help.

Off the top of my head - my goal is to log 1000 $24 and $36 sngs before moving up. Not 1000 of each, but a combination. if i find that I am dominating at the 500 sng mark, then i will move up to the $60s. I am also playing around with my target # of sngs per month and havent figured out what would be a good number. I would like to see about 250-300 a month, but I used to 4-table and was thinking about adding more...so If I start to 4-table again soon, I am thinking 400 a month would be a good number...plus, i am playing turbos...i used to play regulars. this is fun and exciting...Tonight, i will start 2 tabling and if I am playing well, move to 3. I am sure i will be 4-tabling in no time. BOTTOM LINE: 350 sngs per month is the bare minimum i should be shooting for. If i ever want to grow a bankroll and get it to where I can support myself, i need to get used to logging a lot of sngs, and 350 is a drop in the bucket!

Mad at myself right now cuz i flopped a set and it folded me cuz i was paying too much attnetion to another table...cost me a buy in.

Not a bad night. A little bad play by me tonight...starting to overplay on the bubble...need to get that under control. Once I reel that in, I will be happy. I would play more, but I was up more after 2 sngs than I am after a bunch more. Plus I got my first $20 released from Full Tilt, so I think I only won a few bucks tonight...but logging tables is what is important...

I wasnt able to focus on more than 2 tables today. I think the small size of these tables is making it hard for me to see how much each player has in front of them...eye strain is becoming a problem, so i will have to get a better, bigger monitor.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

No comments: