Monday, October 30, 2006

October 30, 2006

Had a good weekend. A bit disappointed in myself because I still did not hit the very attainable goal I set for myself. The odd part is that after I played a few sets 3- and 4-tabling, I remember saying to myself how easy it would be to hit goals if I can 4-table. I mean, 3-sets and I have 12 sngs played…play a 4th and we start to push 20 in a day, which is a really good number for me. Maybe I need a partner in crime…someone that plays a lot of sngs and I can see them do it, but for some reason I have a mental block. I know it has to do with results-oriented thinking and being happy I am up for the day, but I need to focus more on the number of sngs played, NOT the amount I have won.

I hear stories of people going from the $11s to the $109s in months…and I have run the numbers and know I could jump up within a few months too if I could hit my projections. It might be tough for me to hit my projections this week because I am wrapped up in sports lately…Monday night football tonight, then Suns basketball games Tuesday and Wednesday, and then a great college football match up on Thursday. I would like to log 12 a night, but we shall see. Once I can 6-table, that would only be just over 1 hour of work a night…that would be pretty amazing. Just for those that are not numbers oriented, let me break it down to what 12 and 18 sngs a night would equate to.

I am assuming an attainable, yet respectable ROI or 12%

12 sngs a night:
360 a month
$1850

18 sngs a night
540 sngs a month
$2775
When I jump to the $60, those numbers change to $3,078 and $5,617 respectively. Now we are talking. Previously, I think my over-confidence dropped my ROI significantly when I started to 4-table. I was still able to make money, but my return was dropping. I can feel the difference in my level of concentration. While there are still the unavoidable bad beats, it is much easier to take lately because I know the game I am playing is the game I envision in my head…I was unable to execute it before, but now I am in the right mindset to do what is necessary to bring my game, and my returns, to the next level.

No comments: