Tuesday, November 21, 2006

November 21, 2006

Now that I am playing a little more and trying to keep a clear head, I realize just how often my dominating preflop hands, at least according to the books, actually get dominated. with regularity, my stronger aces get cracked pretty creatively... 4 card flushes, always 3 on the flop and one on the river...or runner runner straight. Didnt let it get to me...didnt even think about it - just fired up some more and plugged away. Played a 33 and was doing great until my AJs lost to A8o on the bubble when his gutshot, that he pushed with, came thru on the river. Sucks because that could have lead to a very nice profit for the night...I was up more than the buy in and could have built up a nice day...

I decided to join an $11 MTT for some fun...gonna relax and play and hope that i can play for an hour or two on my $11 bucks...would be great to get my money back...but of course I am looking to cash DEEP! Wish me luck.

Update on MTT:

Well, its been up and down. I had about 1150 chips and got AA in early position, bumped to 180, or 3xbb and got the button to call. i ended up doubling up through him and am sitting with 2540 with an average stack at the break of 3550. I need to catch a few hands, but havent had too much other than the monster. lets see how the second hour goes...there are only 471 out of the 1114 that started...pays top 180.

248 left 19 mins before break number 2. just got it all in with 10 10 when someone with about one third of my stack pushed, i pushed over the top and he had AJs...my 101 0 held up and i am sitting nicely. still need a big hand...got moved to the table with the two chip leaders...hope to double up one more time before break.

Holy shit, Just jumped into the top 60...will write it up in a sec.

Ok, just after my last post about busting that dude with 1010, i got A10s on the button, it was folded to me, i bumped to 3.5xbb and it was pushed over the top of me by the SB. I had to fold, but that was 25% of my chips. I then get a small pair in late position and I limp...dude pushes and i have to fold. i am down to like 2500 chips...i am SB, blinds are 150/300 at this point and the 3 big stacks on the table are all in before for for 900. I push for my final 2500, and all 3 call...FUCK! flop comes 9 high and one of them bets 5000 and the other two fold...he shows JJ...i caught an ace on the turn and quadrupled up! sitting over 10k right now, break in 4 mins...almost to the money...194 left!

Second Break:

Sitting nicely. have 8525, which is just about the average. I had to call a min raise when i was on the BB. Just too good of odds to fold with suited 64. 4 people to the money.

Took 124th...made like 4 bucks lol. was fun though. I realize that in my tourney game, i need to open it up a bit more. I guess I was pretty card dead too...but i still need to make some plays when the cards arent coming and make plays. if i lose and bust, it just wasnt meant to be. but my goal was just to cash. I played well and had some cheap fun...

No comments: