Wednesday, November 01, 2006

October

October was in interesting month. I rediscovered my desire to play poker only to find out that Party Poker wouldnt let me play. So, I had to wait until the dust settled. Once it did, I got set up with a good deal for playing at Full tilt and have not looked back.

So, October was successful in my eyes because it got me back to playing, I am focused and showing the necessary discipline to play profitably, I have software tracking my results, and, most importantly, I have the desire to play. I understand where I need to go and what it takes to get there. I just need to find out if I have what it takes to execute the plan. I think I do.

I am setting goals of 100 sngs a week. The first $400 in rakeback I get I will use to buy a new monitor and start to 6-table. That alone will allow me to increase the volume of play by 50% with no additional time investment. Where else can you find a $350 investment increase productivity 50%?

I am looking foward to November!

I wanted to add a few notes. November is going to be my proving grounds. I am focused on getting over this mental hump that has been keeping me from really seeing what my future holds in poker. I am sick of speculating when all I have to do to prove what I can do is play.

In the past, this blog is really something I do for me, not really caring if anyone actually reads it. Now I care about my success, about getting over the hump and logging significant amounts of sngs, and reaping the rewards. So, WHEN I do make it over the hump, I think adding more insight into what I do, how I do it, and what process is very important. Up to this point, the answers to those questions are irrelevant because my progress isnt exceptional. once i get over that hump, i think the path I took will be much more meaningful because it lead to somewhere others are trying to go.

Not that I am not at a solid intermediate step. I was always a winning player. let me rephrase that, it took very little tweaking of my game, all which i did on my own, to make myself into a winning player. so i had a lot less work to do to get to where I am...all the more reason to not be impressed with my accomplishments. Now, i have to put in the work and GRIND the tables. that is something i have had very mixed success with. November is the test...lets see if i end up hitting my goals or if i am full of hot air.

No comments: