Monday, November 06, 2006

November 6, 2006

frustrating...but still at it. playing well and in ahead every time so far, but that guarantees nothing...need to get some wins.

Well, I really dont know how to play much better...i get in ahead and continually get screwed...fuckin 3 outters and over vs underpairs...unreal! I just dont know what to do or change. People make these fucking crazy calls and get paid off...i just dont understand it.

I powered through one final set and finished strong. Helped to salvage the beating I took last night...about even since when I started...up a little I guess if you count rakeback, but that really is a moral victory, not really something to brag about.

I have been giving some serious thought to playing limit...starting to develop my limit game i think would be a good way to build a bankroll and start to learn some more of the nuances of the game.

My set came together because I pulled back my play. I think i was overaggressive on and near the bubble...i would take down chips, but i was not maximizing my play. No, i wasnt pushing my big pairs and scaring people off, but i would reraise very strongly and push drawing hands away...so i think i was my own worst enemy. sometimes getting in ahead isnt all you have to do, you still have to maximize the opportunities you get...and you cant lose sight of that.

No comments: