Friday, December 15, 2006

2006 Goal Revisited

As we close out 2005, my head is spinning how fast this year has gone by. All in all, it has been a good year. But, looking forward to 2006, I am so excited. I have a new job, set a lot of goals for myself, and a better attitude and perspective on things. So, as we start 2006, I wanted to list my goals and wish my friends a happy new year. My 2006 goals are as follows:
  1. DISCIPLINE!!!!
  2. Stay employed at my current job. I am starting a new job and would like to have some stability. As long as I am not going to be a full time poker pro, I might as well keep a decent day job.
  3. Win at least $25,000 playing poker (not including rakeback!)
  4. Enter at least 1 WSOP event
  5. Move up to playing $109 sngs
  6. Hit my goals of playing 250 sngs a month. Moving up to 400 sngs a month as my game progresses.
  7. Enjoy my life more
  8. Appreciate my friends and family more
  9. Work out!!! Getting too fat!!
  10. Get the software program I have been brainstorming moving along.
  11. DISCIPLINE!!!!

Good luck to all those setting goals. I hope we all achieve everything we set our minds to.

###################################################

I remember making this post. Ah, how I was into the game and had so much enthusiasm. It has faded a bit as the highs and lows have taken their toll on me. I know i havent logged as many sngs this entire year as some have in a month or two. thats part of my problem, the volume of play just isnt there yet, which is dedication, which is Discipline. so the real question is do i want it??

That is a great question. I cant even begin to answer that. i think the structure that a day job brings me is important, but I see other ways that i can obtain structure in my life...this year i am going to find out how deep my dedication and desire for poker is. right now, i have to say i have a 50/50 chance of making this post again next year. it isnt that i cant play or that i will crap out. i honestly believe that i can play this game profitably. the only question is can i log enough sngs to make it worthwhile, and in doing so, will it require more time than i am willing to give...those questions will indeed be answered later this year!

No comments: