Saturday, December 02, 2006

December 2, 2006

I am not happy with this sng software I bought. It doesnt pick up all the sngs that I play. I paid $40 bucks for it. Not that it is a lot of money, but i should have known better. I should have went with a more polished product, but i was trying to support the community. i didnt realize, or take time to think, about how tough it is to create and maintain a poker product that imports hand histories. The sites are continually making changes to their format, so keeping up with it is pretty difficult.

I think I also need to buy that software program that tells you which hands to push against an estimated range. I know I play too tight...way too tight. It is solid for me in sngs though. I realize that if I get all in as a 60:40 favorite that I will win more often than I lose. but, that edge is so marginal on any one hand. Against these donks playing the $24s and $36s on Full Tilt, I would like a bigger edge because I can afford to be patient. Thing is, I am continually AMAZED at the range in which I am being called. If I push on the button, against a shorty or even someone with a similar sized stack, i am getting called with hands like J8o. I would never put that in a calling range, but I guess I would have to. Thats just amazing to me that someone will call off all their stack with J8o. I mean, you got this far, just pick a better spot.

So, tonight I logged 13 sngs. 4 tabling, thats about 2 hours works. I cant wait until I get my rakeback up to $300 so I can buy myself a new monitor. then, the next $300 will be for another. Then I should have a killer set up to really test myself. Outside of playing a +EV game, volume of play is the most important stat to monitor. the more tables I can log in an hour, the more my $$/Hr will go up and the more money I will make.

I have been reading that many players experience the same problem as me...only able to log 150-200 sngs a month. We are the guys with full time jobs or other commitments. The young college kids can devote 5-6 hours a day while 8-tabling and log mass quantities of sngs - making tons of money. I would really need to have a full year of $10k plus months before I would consider quitting my job. I could make that amount without the stress of having to win it. I admit that my job keeps me disciplined and I believe if I was a pro poker player, I would follow in the steps of Stu Unger, but just not nearly as good.

Winning night to start off my December...Let's continue to build on it!

No comments: