Sunday, December 24, 2006

December 24, 2006

Played a little most of the nights when i have been at home. Done pretty well and my game is heating up right now. I have cashed in the last 4 sngs, going 1, 1, 3, 2. I am just over double my initial stack in the FT $35k Guaranteed. I am starting to concentrate a little more on my game...I hope I can use this focus to take my game to the next level again...I feel like I am going to be able to replicate what i did before...and that was build a very nice bankroll that i will no longer need to pull from...so i am very excited at the thought, but being realistic - I dont think I had the focus to pull it off. This break has been so good for me...i totally understand why people say you need a break or the value in taking one...

Anyway, i am doing well early in the tourney, updates to follow.

First break, I have 3210 in chips - just below the average of 3470. 584 of 1341 still remain...pays the top 216.

I needed to get some cards and I waited too long to be able to open it up a bit...so i ended up in a pretty good hand, but i did lose it. I had A8o in the bb and had one limper. 8 hi flop, we both checked, another undercard, I bet he calls, another undercard and i push, he calls with pocket 8s. Ugly one...i was obviously hoping he was holding a strong ace...
Now i realize why that was such a bad assumption. I should have known he wouldnt have played an AQ or AK like that preflop. that left overpairs, which he would also have bet preflop, so most likely middle pairs. I should have realized that most underpairs would have caught their sets or made a straight, so i should have either moved on the flop, which was fatal, or just fold to aggression...which i probably should have...which means i should have checked my hand and folded if he raised...which was originally the plan, until he checked...which i should have just checked it down...folding to any bet.

No comments: