Wednesday, July 19, 2006

July 19, 2006

So, after yesterday's correction, I am still running a little bit hot. On to the meat of my post...

So i was thinking a lot about how I need concrete goals and milestones to maintain focus...so i was brainstorming and came up with a gameplan.

My monthly goal is going to be 250 sngs. which is about 8 a day. i am currently 4-tabling, but will want to start to introduce more tables in the future...right now, i want to ensure i am steadily building my roll. I used to use SNG Tracker to track my stats, but when Party changed their tables, it never seemed to work right for me. So, i created my own spreadsheets to do it for me. I looked at the last 650 >$55 sngs that I played and my return was 16%. Funny thing is that my return on the $55s was 10% while my 77s was over 40%. Anyway, I am confident a 15% return is attainable for me and probably where my true ROI lies. To define a few other items, the average regular sng lasts 60 mins and my goal is to eventually 8-table.

Ok, with my goal and return defined...here are the vitals that I can expect over the typical month if i can hit my volume (250 sngs) and ROI (15%) goals.

Profit $2,062.50
Rakeback $325
Total profit $2,387.50

$$/Hr: $38.20

to accomplish this 4 tabling, i need to play about 62 sessions...or log about 62 hours a month...just about 2 hours a day...not too bad. My goal is to move up when I reach 100 buy ins for the next level...so I need about $7500 to move up to the $77s. I hope to accomplish this within 2 months.

I will be reinvesting my rakeback currently, but once I hit $10k online, i will be taking $$ out to start my live play bankroll...then i will use that cash to not only fund my live play, but to use to travel and play tourneys...the online play will continue to fund my live roll, but i will slowly pull from my online bankroll and grow my cash stash! ambitious goals...lets see if i can make it two months and hit my $7500 goal.

just wanted to point out that when i first got into playing poker seriously, i read how people would say that most of us wouldnt last for more than 6 months and this and that...well, IM HERE!! and im still fuckin winning!

Fired up the beginning of my second set...normally I would quit here, but I need to keep playing...stop the results oriented thinking and just keep playing. My 2nd set finished well, thankfully. I started out well on 3 of the 4 tables, and pretty solid on the 4th. I ran into a couple pretty big hands and took some lumps. However, I finished with a win to net $30 bucks, so another winning session. I think I was pushing it too early...i felt the need to push when it clearly wasnt warranted...I need to make sure I keep this under control.

Not sure if I am going to play another set. It is 10:40 and if I take a short break and come back, it will be midnight before I finish up. lets see how i feel in a bit...

First set 4-tabling down:

Set 1: +380 (2/0/1/1)
Set 2: +$30 (1/0/0/3)

No comments: