Wednesday, July 26, 2006

July 25, 2006

there is a reason i am making my 25th post on the 26th. first off, i was playing at the end of my night. after work i met up with 3 guys and am going to start teaching them poker. the great thing is, they are day traders and one of them is the owner of the small office. They have 6 work stations with 2 monitors...something I have been dying to get my hands on. So, they invited me to meet with them, maybe learn a little about what they do, and I can play 6-8 tables on their network to cut my teeth before buying my own set up.

I have been doing a lot of thinking and have decided to set up a pretty ambitious goal for myself. There is a lot of significance to this goal and I will break it down. for the rest of July, about 5 days, I hope to be able to average over 12 sngs a day. That is 3 sets a day. However, come august, depending on how many days a week I meet with the guys and play up there and when I get my multi monitor set up, my ambitious goal will be to play 500 sngs. After my correction last night of -335, most of which was preventable because i played poorly, my monthly return is sitting at 25% and overall 2 month return is about 18%. I would like to keep my ROI in the upper teens, or >17.5% while on the $55s. I believe I can keep it over 18%. For planning purposes, I chose to assume a 15% return. If i can hit my volume and return goals, that will equate to 4775 profit. WOW! that will be my biggest month by far, but this will require more mental stamina than I have ever previously given. I have played 300 sngs in a month before...and I believe it will take me LESS time to do my 500 if I 4 table at a minimum. I just cant wait to add 2 more tables...6 tabling is my goal for August...getting proficient at it. So, there are my ambitious goals...gonna acclimate to 6 tables, hopefully 8 very soon, and playing 500 sngs...I will not even care all that much if my ROI drops to 12%...The real object of this goal is two fold.

First, it really is to see how i respond to pushing myself with a higher volume of play and more tables. Mentally, it can be taxing. The swings can be brutal. I want to see how I hold up and if i can do it long term...

Second, it is to really boost my bankroll. A month like I am planning for august will be an average month for me if i can acheive my goals...if i get there, i plan on making that my goal every month. but you have to start somewhere. If i can accomplish this, it will double my bankroll and get me to a point where i can start taking $$ out...it will put me near the 10k mark and allow me to take out 2000+ at the end of september if i can do this 2 months in a row...the money might finally start to flow for me...I am excited, nervous, and cant wait to see what happens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»