Sunday, July 23, 2006

July 23, 2006

Only logged 5 sngs last night. I got a bit sidetracked this weekend...i still hope to get some good sessions in today. Weekends are different for me. Because I play during the week, I come home after a pretty consistent day. Wake up, work, come home, relax, and play. Weekends really bust up my routine and sometimes I dont feel mentally ready to play. However, starting this week, no more distractions and no more fuckin around. I will play my biweekly tourney every sunday and thats it...then i will be grinding the sgns...NO MORE EXCUSES!

Getting my first set going right now.

Just finished up my first set. Didnt play too well early, but started to get more aggressive and picked up some momentum. I won one and was heads up with only 2200 chips in the other...i decided to try to play for first and took the chip lead at one point...but I ended up with a 2nd. Overall, not bad. I needed to focus more early...play a little tighter. I loosened up a bit and it made me play a little faster on all 4...that isnt a good thing for me usually. Gonna eat and fire up another set.

Set 2 is done...busted out of one on a bad move...but otherwise, not too bad. Got 2 3rds to lose vig on the set.

Set 3 was solid. Played well from start to finish. Got very short stacked (<800 chips to a bad beat) and came back to win it. Starting to get in my groove...time to start hammering out tables.

Results:

Set 1: +$180 (1/1/0/2)
Set 2: -$20 (0/0/2/2)
Set 3: +$130 (1/0/1/2)

I am +$290 and feeling good, but there is lightning outside and we lose power pretty regularly when it storms out here...pretty annoying. So, i might just relax for a bit to see if it blows over. I would hate to be in the middle of a set and lose power.

Had to add a little note here. On my 3rd set, we were ITM and the 2nd and 3rd stacks went at it...the 2nd big stack hit a Royal Flush against the 3rd stack. He and I were chatting and celebrating his feat when I eliminated him and took it down. Just thought it was funny that before he could finish revelling in his feat, he was done and didnt even win the sng where he got his royal flush...I was happy to be the spoiler!

No comments: