Sunday, July 30, 2006

July 30, 2006

Happy Birthday to Jill...today is her birthday.

I am firing up my first set...hoping I can turn around from a losing night. Bad play and horrible beats were the theme of last night...i have a newfound sense of discipline, lets see if i can make it translate to the tables.

First hand i play, i get 2 pair by the turn and lose to the rivered flush...but, i only lost a few hundred chips...

I the bad beats started to slow down, a few hands held up, and I actually laid down a pretty nasty bad beat on someone. won like 30 on my first set. I feel like I am not playing as fast as i was before...i dont know what it was, but i just felt like something was pushing me. I got that under control, so now i need to learn to prevent it from happening.

My last set...i lost a flush to a full house on the river...and my JJ lost to 99 when he flopped quads on the bubble...just fuckin unreal. I need to keep working through this. the hard part is that i am playing well, losing when I am a 4:1 favorite and still bubbling...so its hard to find any upside until my luck starts to turn. I have been losing every coin flip and losing every time i am dominating...so i have to assume its just variance because i am continually in ahead and losing...frustrating.

Just lost AK to Kq when he caught a 4 to the flush...and KK to QQ in a 3 way all in pot..man, this is fuckin bullshit!

Finished my last set with a first and a second...Im up in 55 sngs, but lost 2 77s....so overall, down a few bucks...i fired up 4 more and a $22 MTT.

I have been watching people take horrible beats all night, but for some reason I am still playing. Had a solid set...starting to pick up my winning ways. Had a first and a third in my last set...so I am up over 250 playing $55s, down 154 in 77s...and I am in a $22 MTT, just doubled up, so sitting at just over 6500 in chips...updates to follow.

Posted a winning night...man, i gotta quit my bitching...but that just shows how close tonight was from being a huge night...starting to feel better about my play, and the streak of nasty ones was pretty epic. I am still in the MTT:

$22 MTT
First Break: 6378

No comments: