Sunday, June 18, 2006

June 18, 2006

Played live again today. Just a great group of guys...i wish they had this tourney every weekend. Then again, I probably wouldnt go every weekend...they run a great show.

I am very happy with the way I played today...took a bad beat, AJ to J10...i got him all in on the turn and he rivered the gutshot straight. Left me with 390 in chips...i quadrupled up when I got pocket Queens. flop and turn were all under cards, but 3 were spades, the river was a queen and i took it down. I won a few more chips, but when we consolidated down to the final table, i was busted out 10th. first hand after the break i get AKo and push...called by Q8s and he turns a queen...thats all she wrote...both hands i lost i was ahead in pretty solid position. Cards just didnt cooperate. I really like the blind structure and believe these slow blinds are perfect for my play. Very encouraging because WSOP blinds are similar. anyway, hoping to log some tables tonight and get my roll over $3k again. I just keep sucking $$ from it, i need to quit doing that...but with a 1900 payment for my car this week, i didnt have much choice.

I thought I would ease into the day. I am playing the $20k Guaranteed on party. $11 buy in. I know I said i wasnt gonna play them anymore cuz they are just sucking my bankroll, but $11 isnt bad. I figured I would focus on it for a bit and try to win $100 in it...then I dont need to log anymore tables tonight. Lets see how it goes...limped in on a few, just about 20 mins in and im at 2820...nothing exciting to report yet.

Got impatient and busted out of tourney...truly poor play on my part. fired up 4 sngs...lets see if i fare any better.

well, busted out of one quickly and fired up another...busted out of 2 more pretty quickly and took 2nd in my final 2...ended up winning 25 in sngs and lost 11 in MTTs...

No comments: