Thursday, June 29, 2006

June 28, 2006

Had a losing session tonight. funny thing too because on my way home from work I was talking to my friend Al and I was telling him how when I am winning, i usually cut my play short...often playing just one profitable session. Last night, I played 3, but one was profitable. I even played a $22 MTT and did well until i pushed my 88 into QQ and lost. I was the victim of a few suckouts...a few horrible bluffs by guys that had no outs, until the runner runner hit...but thats poker.

I think part of the reason I didnt do so well was two fold. first, i felt out of sorts...i had so much confidence lately that i didnt feel comfortable playing. I ended up being too aggressive too early and addressed it in my second session, but not my third. I usually go to the gym after work, relax and fire up some sngs...i didnt do that tonight. Second, I think I need to mentally prepare more prior to playing...it just makes sense. any time I enter into something competitive, I like to mentally prepare myself and i need to start doing that in poker...have a more set routine and maybe do something like play a game online to help me get focused because i just wasnt there tonight. I think I will play an online game to help me gauge my level of focus and mental fatigue before i start to play...live and learn...now its time to see if i have the discipline.

12 sngs played, -110
1 $22 MTT, -22

-$132 for the night...so not horrible, but not great. No firsts, three 2nds, and a third in 12 sngs...12 is a great number though!

No comments: