Monday, June 05, 2006

June 5, 2006

Decided not to go to the gym today...couldnt sleep last night and just felt drained...my neck is stiff and just pissy overall. So, with that mindset I decided to play some poker. I am a numbers guy, so I use the power of numbers, mainly $$, to motivate me. I know how a few hours a week can add up to $1000's in very short time. I think maybe I am putting too much pressure on myself to be "on" because i sit down and just cant get up the focus to play. I guess the good part is that I dont play when I dont feel up to it, but thats the bad part too. Today, I felt like crap, lost my first 3 hands that i was all in with a better ace and lost all 3. It got pretty creative...but i kept my head on and opened up a few more and ended up $225. Had aces cracked and came back to win it...strong finish. I was patient and was rewarded with good cards that held up...but i definitely showed some patience and I need to remember to play tight...there is a lot of BS going on, but they will bluff into your monster...and if it happens, you can usually take that momentum and get to the bubble. Anyway, I am back, played 5 sngs and won 2...hopefully I can have a good session tomorrow after I hit the gym.

No comments: