Saturday, March 21, 2009

About to get started...

I am going to fire up a few tables in a few minutes. gonna do my best to remain in control early instead of digging a hole and digging out.

2-tabled for a bit and felt good...so I opened up 4. I accidentally opened a few Pot Limit tables and shut them down and opened up the NL tables. I had a nice little rush taking down a few hands. I got stacked with 99 v 66 but i doubled up when I hit the flush when I had JJ on a board that had 4 spades, including the A and Q. My jack was good. I also had a nice hand with AQ vs KQ where the dude thought i was putting a move on the button and pushed at me when the board was 668A4 or something. So, a nice quick 275 hand session.

2.39PTBB/100

I do find it hard to play hands OOP. Also, I have a hard time when I open the pot and get callers and then I either fire and get raised or someone puts the pressure on me. What do i do there?

I have also had a lot of hands where my PPs 99-QQ get to the flop, miss and at there are 2 overcards or a very coordinated board. I usually fold them, but realize I am probably giving up a lot of value...how do i approach these hands?

Just finished up another session. 3-tabled and had an amazing heater. I had KK probably 4-5 times, AA about 3 times. I kept my cool and only lost one pot where I invested over $20 when I hit the straight on the river and he hit a flush. Great session and finally tasted a bit of positive variance. I never came from behind and sucked out, but my hands held up...

today's sessions stats: 399 hands 32.11 PTBB/100 :)

I still have only a few thousand hands, but I am beginning to feel like I am staying out of trouble and have a better feel for the tables. I think weekends are a good time to play...I know they are higher variance, but man I saw some craziness and thankfully was the recipient of some frustrated shortstack play. I really took it to a few players. I did get involved with a player I knew was pretty weak and he ended up catching some cards on the turn and river to make it quite a scary board and I had to let the hand go, but I am happy that I followed my gut and let the hand go rather than flush a buy in trying to make things happen. That is the theme of some of my previous posts and I am glad it is finally starting to sink in...when you dont dig yourself a hole you can have great results like I did tonight. Had I made a couple of extra stupid call, like I was tempted to do, I would have had an average session...

My game is improving, but I still have a long way to go.

No comments: