Thursday, March 19, 2009

Grinding...

up and down night...frustrating that i keep making the wrong decisions. when i decide to take a chance i get a good hand to lose a lot on the river but when i get lucky on the river i bust a short stack...when i take a chance preflop, i whiff...when i dont, i woulda doubled up.

i am getting decent PPs too, but overcards and coordinated flops come and i have to let them go...tough. sigh, just not my night. ive had 1010 a LOT tonight and every time two overcards and flush or straight draws...same for my QQs. My AA hasnt gotten any action other than to be cracked by 4.

I have been playing well...picking my spots and had my JJ cracked by 77. so, I am down about a buy in after a lot of hands...I would say I have to have logged at least 1000 tonight. For me, thats a lot.

I need to consult my starting hand notes before playing. I get a bit loose...when I sit down I need to play slowly and let the game come to me.

It is weird though...you really can get a feel for players and how they play hands. I can call sets more often these days, but now it is just trusting that instinct and not blowing my stack.

Table selection is also important. If I am not playing well or running the table, I am going to move. Overall tonight, not a bad session. I did lose, but I should have shut down a while ago and would have been right about even...lets see if PT is done uploading.

WOW, i played 1700 hands tonight.

.72PTBB/100 overall now...need to work on it.

No comments: