Monday, March 30, 2009

A few thoughts on my first month...

I had my first session with my coach on Saturday, March 7, 2009. The following Monday I went out of town and did not start playing until March 16, 2009. During this two week period, I have logged about 9700 hands with a winrate of approx 5.31PTBB/100. Pretty solid I think for just getting started. Sure, not even close to having enough hands for my numbers to be significant, I understand that. However, I like how everything is going. I feel comfortable at the tables, I am able to select pretty solid tables, and I am starting to learn to get a feel for how hands play out and how to avoid spewing a stack here and there. As I wrap up my first 2 weeks and as March comes to a close, I wanted to document a few things.

  1. I need to focus on hand selection and do not allow myself to start getting too loose
  2. A good laydown is better than a hero call...
  3. HANDS, HANDS, HANDS!! Log as many as you can!!
  4. Learn to maximize the value of each hand. I am getting lazy and hitting pot or not getting in a final value bet...I need to determine the best way to extract value.
Those are my observations of my play thus far. It has only been two weeks, but I feel like I have a lot of experience at the tables. I think my stats up to this point will be sustainable for me, which means I need to log tens of thousands of hands and grind away. I want to get slightly over-rolled for .50/1.00 before I move up because I never want to come back down. Once I am a winning player at .50/1.00 I will try to start adding tables until I am at least 8-tabling. Once I start 8-tabling I will weigh the options of rakeback at FT or VIP club at Pokerstars. If I can make some solid points at Stars, that might be the way to go, but rakeback is optimal when in bankroll building mode!

It's been a fun start and my next session with my coach is Saturday. I am looking to log another 3-5k hands or so before we get together. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good day fellas. I'm really into shoes and I have been looking for that exact model. The prices as regards the sneakers were approximately 210 pounds on every site. But finally I set this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good evening ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for that meticulous model. The prices for the boots were about 310 bucks on every site. But for all I bring about this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good evening people. I'm really into shoes and I was searching for that exact brand. The prices for the shoes are approximately 230 dollars on every page. But definitively I set this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good evening people. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been looking for the sake of that exact model. The prices seeking the sneakers are approximately 350 pounds on every page. But definitively I found this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what can you say about it?