Monday, March 16, 2009

Back at it!

I am back at work and will be focusing on poker for the next 3 weeks. I have put off my next lesson because I did not log any time while I was in New Orleans for the conference. Penny, Joaquin and I made it a short vacation and had a really nice time. It was fun to get away. Now, I am going to turn my focus to logging hands and learning where I stand. I am excited because Penny and I have had some discussions about how to free up the time that I need. It is very important to get her on board with this because we are going to be sacrificing some quality time to see if I can develop my poker game. Plus, I will have some extra time on my hands here in about a month as we have a new child...yes, I realize I will have less time, but I will not be working for a good week or two and we will have help from both of our mothers.

Stay tuned for an update tonight. I might review a few hand histories and my notes before getting started. It has been a while!

###################################

The night started off very nicely with a quick double up and some solid upward trending. After my double up, every big hand went against me on the river...so this is encouraging because if any of those hands go my way I am up a very solid amount. Overall, I am still up but gave back a lot of what I had won earlier. I am still playing and trying to continue playing solid poker. I had about 4 nasty suckouts against me...but I believe I am keeping my composure.

I was anywhere from 2 to 4 tabling tonight...I honestly believe 3 tabling will be optimal for me at this time. Ok, going to wind down my set and run the numbers in the next few orbits.

I finished up my set with a few good hands. I feel really good because the part of the game where I struggled the most, trending upwards between big hands, is now looking like my strength. I can feel how my game has taken on a much more aggressive feel. That is what I was after but was never comfortable executing it. Now, I feel like it is my comfort zone to be aggressive and I have to pull myself back at times. There were a few hands where I wasn't quite sure where I stood...I documented them and will review with my coach. Overall, I am really happy with tonight's session. I need to stack a few more people, but my big hands went the wrong way...very, very encouraging!!

Pokertracker Stats:
I was up over a buy in tonight over just under 600 hands...
4.25BB/100

No comments: