Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday

I am excited to log some hands. I have a friend playing in a freeroll for me and he is doing well...i just called him and he is in first with 64 left. Once he finishes up I will open some tables...

I am excited today because I am starting to fully understand what I need to do and am starting to gain confidence that I can do it. There were some bitter players that would talk trash after I stacked them and it kinda hurts my confidence because I know I am working on my game and I am not the best player. However, I am right around break even or better and improving. So, I hope to see that dude again...he pushed KQ over the top of me on an A high board and he completely whiffed...so i guess I shouldnt let someone that plays like that get to me.

Poker is such a solitary game. I have no friends that are interested in playing so I have no one to talk about it with. People think you are crazy, a problem gambler, and just do not understand that poker is such a powerful money making tool. That is why I am so excited to log more hands because it gets me closer to having a more reliable winrate...I just need to keep it in the green!! going to get going here in an hour or so...

Props to my boy Devin for smokin the freeroll tourney for me and taking 2nd and netting us a nice 450...i was going to split it with him and he only asked for 100, so i sent him 150. nice job dev!!

Not too sure how much I have played tonight. Joaquin hasnt been feeling well and it was tough to put him to bed tonight. I have 2 tables going while I write this. I need to tighten up, but I am getting playable hands and I start to get too loose. I flopped a few sets tonight..which is sweet.

I think this is turning out to be a solid set. I did get stacked early, but came on strong. Table selection is key. When the table fills up with some names I have seen and had some troubles with, I try to find a new one...i need to work on the start of my sessions because that is when i get hurt the most. One thing I have been doing is really playing passively if I open the pot and get called by someone that has position on me. I mix it up with continuation bets, but I get into trouble when I go after and build pots OOP. So, I try to avoid those situations. I have about 2 more hands to go and will quit and upload my HHs for session stats...

514 hands 21.25PTBB/100

Overall 5.5PTBB/100

SUPER SMALL sample size, so I wont even bother posting it.

No comments: