Wednesday, March 25, 2009

took last night off...

I was tired last night and fell asleep while trying to help get my son to sleep. So, I didnt play. I feel kinda guilty for not playing because I am so focused and excited to get my bankroll to where I want it to be. I do realize taking these breaks is good for you though. Definitely can help with burnout, obviously.

I think I am also going to start stepping up the amount I play on the weekends. I realize it is probably higher variance overall, but I also believe it is a more profitable time to play over the long run. I think an attainable, yet ambitious, goal for myself will be around 30,000 hands per month. I would eventually like to add a 5th and 6th tables and maybe even more, but most of the people that I see 24-tabling are playing full ring. I should take a look at how many hands they are getting in per hour, but i bet it has to be a third less, so if I get up to 8-tabling that would be a very solid feat for me. I have been checking out other blogs and a lot of people have some pretty cool hot-keys set up for playing large amounts of tables. I might start looking into that.

I am excited to play tonight...Updates to follow.

################

Getting coolered a bit...hot and cold...AA vKK holds up, but QQ v AA is not something you want to run into :)

Dude sucked out AQ v A9 and trash talked me...was funny. So, playing well just need to have hands hold up and not run into monsters.

had JJ and had set over set v 99 and lost to the 9 on the river...it was kinda surreal to get it in on the turn and have the case 9 show up on the river...

up and down night...fighting my way back!

ran into a cooler heads up...flopped a flush, but so did he...got stacked. If i get back to even i am going to call it a night.

2 of my tables went down to two players and it really threw my game off...need to get off of tables that break down. i also got a bit too focused on getting involved in pots with one dude that it threw my game off...just play my game and i am fine!

Learned a lot tonight. I had a nice, long session and made a few mistakes. My biggest mistake was messing around heads up when I was playing 5 other tables. The amount of hands you need to play heads up is just too crazy and that craziness started to affect my other tables. I will not play tables with less than 4 people...thats my new rule.

So, i had to have logged near 1000 hands tonight at break even...so not too bad. I have been running hot and tonight definitely put a stop to that. I made some bad call and had some bad luck, but also had a little good luck tonight. Still need to work on my game, but I was 6-tabling for a while...lets see where we stand.

1750 hands of breakeven poker tonight. Not too bad and considering some of my play and two nasty beats I took I am pretty happy. I admit I need to maintain my discipline. There are hands where my gut is screaming to fold, but my head says call and it is a bad move...I need to start listening to my instincts and just accept that solid folds, even if you are ahead, are better than trying to make hero calls all the time.

4.94PTBB/100

No comments: