Sunday, May 24, 2009

Finally...

I was finally able to log a session at my new level. The game plan was to just 2-table, but I of course put myself on about 6 waitlists and then was able to open 3 tables...so I played 3 until a good table opened and 4-tables for about 142 hands. I just wanted to start getting a feel for the new level. There is quite a bit more aggression preflop, which leads to bigger pots (relatively speaking because I was expecting bigger pots, but bigger as a %age of your stack). I was able to make some nice plays, play back a little and picked up AA v AK where they were drawing dead on the river...thats always nice. So, i played 142 hands and up about 1.45 buy ins at my new level...definitely a nice welcome and gave me some confidence...a few notes from my session:

Preflop, there is definitely a lot more reraising. I need to tighten up a bit and be prepared to get popped...maybe some marginal hands that I would normally open with at my previous stakes I can limp and then call the raise for some deception if I would like to play those hands...I can see small PPs and Axs being played this way...

Anyway, I think the variance is going to increase for me, but it is amazing how much faster the pots build and how quickly you can win $40-50. This is going to be fun!!

Played just under 300 more hands and took down about half a buy in...was fun. I really enjoy this level, but I can see how it would be very easy to lose composure and quickly lose a few hundred...right now, I am very cautiously playing and I really like how I am playing at the tables. My A game is in full effect and I am playing my monsters well and avoiding trouble. I think I am up 2 buy ins today...yipee!!

No comments: