Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Off...and On

it has been a rough couple of days and I dont think i will be playing tonight. however, i am going to try my hardest to log a few hours wednesday and thursday. just a few more winning sessions and i will be itching, and bankrolled, to move up. again, i am already bankrolled by most people's standards, but i like to be over-rolled...i think that is a big departure from what most aspiring poker players prefer...but i am looking for sustainability.

on a side note, i might have to put poker on the back burner for a little while. i am not doing this to become a pro, but i look at it as a way to supplement my income, start a college fund for my boys, or make money for a nice vacation, toys, or whatever. so, i might be studying for a few tests to further my career. i will know more later, but poker might be something I have time for on a very limited basis in the very near future...a bit unfortunate too because i was just gaining traction - or at least it feels that way. i will do my best to log time - and i will log at least one session a week to get entry into my freeroll...but i hope to pass all of my tests within a year...being able to play poker might just provide me the encouragement i need to study harder to complete the tests...again, it is up in the air and we shall see what happens...

After we got the kids to sleep, it was a little late for Penny and I to hang out so she went to bed. I was planning on skipping poker tonight to spend some time with her, but I decided to open up 6 tables after she went to sleep. I logged about 370 hands and won over a buy in. There was some pretty crazy play...had a dude essentially bluff off his stack to me when he held 84o and missed on everything. I took down a nice pot when i ACCIDENTALLY min-raised 56s in late position and the flop came 666. i actually got some pretty decent river action and won a nice pot. Overall, good night. I got away from some sticky situations and capitalized when people overplayed their hands...

No comments: