Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesday...

About to fire up some tables...I am looking for a solid session tonight. I am adjusting to the preflop aggression at the new level, but so far I have made solid progress and have over 33 buy ins for my current level. I am very happy about that. Let's see what tonight brings...

Playing well, but made 2 stupid calls...about even...

Coolered...QQ v KK for $146

Was on both sides of AK v QQ and lost both times :)

Went cold then heated up...i have noticed there are a lot more river bluffs...its crazy!

Lost Kings full to quad 8s...

What a crazy night...never was up or down too much, but I hit a few nice hands and lost a few nasty ones...did not suck out tonight and missed most of my small pairs mining for sets, flush and OESD...so I am looking forward to hitting some hands when the variance turns my way. I am also looking forward to when the rivers are not so nasty as to kill my hands or make the board so scary I cannot call...however, solid night.

Up over a buy in and played a lot of hands...let me upload and see where I stand.

WOW, 1,526 hands for me tonight...that's a ton for a dude with a full time job and 2 young sons under 2!

For the month, i knew i didnt play very much, but i have logged about 9500 hands. way, way too few. I know i will probably get to about 12k hands and hope to continue to play well. there was a stretch tonight where i regressed to playing way too loose...i think it probably cost me about 25 bucks, but I identified it quickly and put a stop to it...I was getting very playable hands on all 6 of my tables so I was doing a lot of raising and playing postflop...that seeped into my mind and I ended playing too many prospecting hands for about 5 mins. overall, solid night and won one more big hand than i lost...the odd thing is that I get it all in more at .50/1.00 than i did at .25/.50...

Players at this level are willing to bet quite large sums with marginal holdings...I need to learn to adjust and read the lines players are taking to help with the action on the turn and river...however, I am picking off more bluffs while not getting too overly crazy making hero calls...

No comments: