Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday Night...

My parents are coming into town for the week tomorrow, so I am not exactly sure how much time I will get to play. I am >10k hands for the month, so at least I was able to play a decent amount the final week and did very well. I should expect a downswing soon, but admittedly I have been lucky when I was unlucky. Many of my nasty beats have been against small stacks (.30-.70% of a buy in) so my bad beats did not cost me nearly what they could have. Plus, I had some nice hands where I was able to capitalize. I am hoping for some luck tonight...I have had excellent success, but even with the success I have taken my share of nastiness...if that starts to come back around, my results are going to be outrageous. I love poker today!! :) Let's see if I am saying that again in a few hours...

Doing poorly tonight...horrible play is the reason...mostly mine. Sure I had the standard suckouts, but I made things worse by making horrible river calls. I have myself to blame, but it is a good learning experience.

Still cannot hit a draw! Couple getting cold decked with horrible play and you are in trouble! Cannot hit a set or a draw! Streaky game though...lets hope for one soon...had QQ a million times tonight and never get any action.

ALL my small and mid pairs are missing and people are calling me light...so the board gets scary and i have to let them go..frustrating...

Finally flop a set and the board hits 5 clubs and i cant call a large river bet...shitty.

JJ v 99 lost on teh river...66 flop a set and lose set over set...ive lost the last 3 sets i have flopped!

I raise with AQs and dude comes along with 83o and hits quads...lose another on the river...time to shut down, lost a ton tonight.

Horrible night...I have had worse night playing sngs, but this was one of the worst. I called too much of my stack off, i ran bluffs far too many times....i was playing terribly and was only down about 1.5 buy ins, but i dropped about 6...horrible horrible luck, horrible play...lost a ton of hands on the river, lost 3 straight flopped sets, just QQ v 99, just tons of bad stuff...so bad luck was part of it, but i could have gotten away from some hands and need to be far more disciplined...gonna take some time off and come back later.!

Tonight has been humbling and frustrating. I opened so many pots because I was getting solid cards...pocket pairs, suited big and small aces, face cards, and nothing was hitting. when i did hit nothing was holding up...will get back at it...maybe drop down for some confidence...

No comments: