Sunday, May 17, 2009

Freeroll!

I wasnt able to play this weekend as I was house/dog sitting. I am playing in the freeroll and doing well once again. Hit sets of Ks and As early and just took a stand nearing the bubble and tripled up when I hit a set of 5s and they held. I can fold into the money right now...but lets see what happens. about 48 left, pays top 45.

Really running well in this freeroll. There are 30 left and they pay jumps to $75 at 27. I did get someone all in A7o vs 910s. they hit the straight on the flop and probably a flush by the river...either way I was toast. that would have put me top 3 in chips, but I am sitting in the top 10...no complaints. at the 2nd break...

Chip leader with 10 to go...let's see how the finish goes.

Final table with a small chip lead...but almost twice the average. Looking for a strong finish.

Just took out a pretty big stack withQQ v 1010.

Just took out the small stack on the next hand...

Just had a player in AKs v AQo and the board hit broadway lol sucks!

Just busted the 2nd stack that sucked out AKvAQ...Took her down making a button move with A2 and i called with A10. hit a 10 on the flop and that was it... and im over 300k and no one else over 72k!

Down to 3 and i have about 80% of the chips.

I ended up taking 2nd...not bad...happy about it. I made a bad play heads up and let the dude play and he hit top pair on the flop.

I could have eliminated 2 more, but there were two pushes ahead of me and i was in the BB..I folded K8 and they both had weak aces and the flop came king high...could have eliminated 2 more.

#########################

I have a few errands to run this afternoon and will try to log a few hundred hands later tonight. I am soo close to moving up. I am the kind of person that likes to be overbankrolled before he moves up, so this is a good thing. I think most people would have already moved up, but I am taking my time and making sure I am ready to move up when the time is right. Tonight's freeroll really helped boost my bankroll.

My performance in my weekly freeroll is awesome and unexpected. It is a weird format in that half the people dont show up. My hands have been holding up early and I have been able to get pretty deep. My races come through early as well...so i am able to get a decent stack before I end up taking my first real hit. I hope I can continue my success...

As far as cash, my cash game is going ok. I am profitable, but I think a session with the coach will be needed soon and I might get the new software to overlay my stats on each player. I am looking forward to taking my cash game to the next level!

Played about 45 mins of poker tonight. Had a few nice hands and quit. I am playing pretty solid, but my success is creeping into my psyche and I am playing a few too many hands. I need to pull back a little...but doing well. I should probably continue playing as it is not even 10 PM and I have a solid hour of time to play, but I am not going to fire up any tables and just relax...it is the start of a long week!

No comments: