Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Wednesday

I do not think I have been continuation betting enough...I have opened it up a bit and have been taking down a lot of small pots.

Playing OK...still making a few flop calls too many. I am not hitting any draws and I had an OESD and FD on the flop and ended up hitting my J high flush only to be coolered by the A high flush...still up and looking for a strong finish before hitting the sack.

One thing I do notice is that when I play a hand that goes to the river, the river card always brings the flush draws or pairs the board drastically reducing my ability to maximize the value for the hands I win, but many times it completes the draws and I lose the hand.

I am still really enjoying poker. Last month had some ups and downs, but I believe it was really more due to bad play. I did have some nastiness in terms of river suckouts, but that is all part of poker. I believe that because I was playing poorly and because I was going through a cold stretch that I was pulling back my aggression too much. Tonight's session I opened it up a little bit more and the results were pretty good. I was able to take down smaller pots, but also it helped with my image and when I do hit hands it will help disguise the strength. Not only was I doing quite a bit more continuation betting, but I was often firing a second barrel on the turn and that took down a few pots. It just really sucks when you fire that 2nd barrel OOP and get called - makes for a rough river decision.

No comments: