Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday

I am going to try to log some hours tonight. I was not able to last night as Penny and I had a tough time getting the boys to sleep. I fell asleep and that was that. I hope to have a few hours to play tonight...

Meeting my May goal will be a challenge, but I hope to come close. If I could hit my goal it would put me close to moving up...which is my #1 priority poker-wise. Once I move up, I will start with lessons again...looking forward to it. Let's see if I can get some hands in tonight...updates will follow.

Hit Kings up on the turn to lose to a set of Kings, and missed my nut flush draw with 2 overs to the pocket pair. Down 2 buy ins quickly, but won one back! Staging a nice comeback!

Down about a buy in after my first session. Probably be back in a bit to start session number 2. I havent hit any sets tonight...and on the final orbit before i was shutting down, i had one aggressive player to my right and left. the one to my right opened and i had 44. I was missing all my PP on the flop and decided to just muck it thinking it was probably my one chance of hitting...well, the player to my left just called and the flop came like 247 with 2 diamonds. they both got it all in with KK vs flush draw and I would have tripled up...oh well.

Started up another set...everyone is drawing out on me...pretty sick. Not frustrated though, cuz i have plenty of bankroll, but I wish my hands would just hold up!

Finally getting hot and getting action...fighting the urge to shut down and will continue to play. Up on the night...and, just stacked 2 more people...great decision!!

What an amazing hour. Just after I posted that I was going to continue playing, i got hot! Here are a couple of hands...

I have 66 and raise it up in late position. BB calls and flop comes 56J, BB checks I fire about half pot and he calls. Turn comes 6, he checks, I fire about 3/4 pot and he calls. River blanks and BB checks, I bet about half my stack...he hollywoods and pushes, i instacall and he shows JJ. I was playing on another table with the same guy I hit quads on and he had been very aggressive...he was reraising me preflop all in quite a bit and I wanted to catch him...but he really slowplayed his monsters...so I wanted to catch him playing fast...

so, shortly after on the other table, he puts in the standard raise from the button and i call from the BB with QJo. flop comes JJ7 and I raise about 3/4 pot, he pushes and i call, he shows 88 and I take another stack from him...THE VERY NEXT HAND I am dealt 1010 and he open pushes a stack and I think he probably has a small pair and figure I am dominating him, so I call and he shows AA. I flop a 10 and am just laughing!!

Anyway, great night...up and down, but I played well and am excited about the results...very up and down session!! Let me upload the hands and see where I stand.

1400+ hands tonight...up over 3 buy ins...awesome!

No comments: