Thursday, April 23, 2009

FT went down!!

I had a session going and started off a bit rocky. Mostly some aggressive higher variance plays not going my way and I was working my way back as the site went down. Ended up getting in 331 hands. I need to upload them to see how i ended up.

I guess I am up a little bit...awesome! I thought I was down for sure. The unfortunate part of FT going down is that I was just starting to get into my comfort zone. I knew which players to look out for, which ones I wanted to get involved with, and my decisions were starting to get to where I like them to be. Often I will play too loosely when I first sit down and I start to dial it back a bit. I still havent had a situation where I play loosely at the start of the session and hit a nice upswing, so I look forward to that. However, the key for me is to find that sweet spot as quickly as possible. Usually, I lose about 20% of a buy in at one or two tables before i make the proper adjustment. I was there when FT went down, but luckily I was able to log enough hands to pull myself out of the red and make a small profit for the day.

No comments: