Saturday, April 11, 2009

Second Coaching Session In The Books

I finished up my second coaching session and am happy with some of the concepts I have learned. I will have to wait a bit to apply them as today will be spent cleaning the house and getting settled. I should be able to log a session later tonight.

I have just under 16k hands since my first session and I am happy to report I can confidently say I am now a winning player. I know I need more hands to more accurately determine my winrate, but I believe if I continue to grind and make the necessary adjustments that seem to come natural for me, I should be a long term winner. And, that does wonders for my confidence. As I was logging hands and trying to determine how competent I was, I found that to be incredibly stressful in some respects. You obsess too much over a bad beat or some negative variance because it has a significant effect on your winrate. You almost feel as though those bad beats could cause you to be a losing player, and that just is not the case. I can move forward with more confidence that I am going to be a winning player and I just need to determine at what rate. That realization is a load off of my mind and puts me in a more relaxed mindset going forward.

No comments: