Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Reading hands...

I am pretty decent about getting away from hands when I have 1010-QQ and the board gets a little scary. I am ok with that. Where I get a little lost and believe I am giving up significant value is when I have a good hand on a drawy board and the river is scary. For instance, say I have QQ and the board is 456J with 2 to the flush. There are straight and flush draws all over. The river brings an A completing the flush draw. If I am OOP, how do you proceed? I have been playing it weak and checking which usually leads to someone making a big bet at me. I fold and often end up dropping half a buy in as I try to bet them off the pot on the flop and turn. I guess by them calling they are either telling me they hit a set or are drawing and their river bet should tell me they got there...maybe that will be a good line for me if playing OOP. If i hit a big hand bet, bet, check because it almost always seems to induce a large river bet...

I am expecting to play some more tonight...Need to focus on playing only good starting hands in the right position and be patient...

Getting started...going to 3-table while I focus on hand selection and discipline.

Had AA cracked by a very short stack, so in a way got lucky. I am up over a buyin by getting a nice rush of cards and never getting it all in...Just steady with a few big hands here and there...the way it's supposed to be! :)

I was shutting down tables and was almost done and ran KK into a gutshot draw and he hit of course...gonna play a little more. I should have let it go...

just had KK cracked again in like 5 hands by QJ. time to win it back.

what an up and down ride tonight. I ended up right about where I was when I was going to quit the first time, it just took me about 2 hours longer. :)

Poker is such a rollercoaster, but I am 4-tabling profitably so far and had a much more disciplined approach tonight. Up over a buy in.

1218 hands tonight.

No comments: