Saturday, April 04, 2009

Weekend

I know weekends are high variance times. I had a little bit of that. I remember some nastiness on the tables today, but overall I feel good. I was a little out of sync playing with some of the completely aggro players on the weekends...pushing their stacks preflop when there is not even a raise ahead of them. Lots of overplaying hands and I was up against quite a few of these people. Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to double up against them as they twice beat me on the river...runner runner is lots of fun :) I just keep reminding myself that without these players the game wouldnt be worth playing!

I had a stretch today where I had pocket pairs a TON! Mostly smallish pairs that i was able to play for set value and I hit a few. One of the hands I got in against a donk that hit top pair, a 9, and played it like the nuts. I hit a set of 3s and he hit a 9 on the turn and the board paired on the river...bad news for me. I had AA on one of the 4 tables about 3 times in 10 mins and never got any action. I did get a few sets and even flopped quads, but couldnt get much value out of many of my hands.

So far today, down a little about $15-20...I hope to get another session in later.

Played 600 hands so far today...hope to get in another 600-1000 tonight.

No comments: