Sunday, February 03, 2008

February 3, 2008

Losing some big hands today. Dude limped when I had 10 6 and we caught 2 6s on the flop. ended up slowplaying and he had K6. lost 150 on that hand. a couple other nasty ones and not a good start.

ive had aces 3 times in about 20 mins and have raised 3xbb all times and cant get any action! sucks! I am thinking about limping them in late position next time i get them...always have to raise early.

had aces two more times and both times UTG! busted a shortstack for like 40 bucks...man, cant capitalize on these huge ones!

i finally get a guy all in with my AA and he turns the set! unreal!

every one of my pairs is gettign smoked tonight...just getting killed.

Today has been an exercise in patience and futility. I am failing on the patience portion, but there is not much I can do. I am getting solid hands like JJ and QQ and the boards are coming ace and king hi and 3 or 4 to a suit. I cant get any action on aces and never hit sets when i limp in with pairs...overall, just a rough day. I hope my roll survives.

it is fun to write this blog as i play because it helps me relive the session. I need to understand that the game is based on feel. I hit sets on 2 straight, only got action on 1 of them, but it seems like you start to hit in streaks and when the streak is bad, u keep pots small, play hands in position, check your ego and let hands go. I have made a couple calls that I could have saved myself probably $150, but I didnt. when things are going your way, take a few chances, like calling a raise in the SB or BB with small pocket pairs.

well, just lost set over set and gonna call it a night in a few...just a sick, sick session.

I should be leaving a table after I get up to like 160-180. if i lose a hand, i lose a buy in and a half, but when i win them, i only win a buy in...need to be more strict about that

No comments: