Monday, February 11, 2008

February 11, 2008

Well, I am trending upwards. My balance stands at 1210 + 55 in tourney $$. I plan on using the $55 in tourney $$ to either continue to build more tourney $$ to get a buy in to the bigger weekend tourneys or just use it as a buy in for the $55 buy in $50k guarantee. Honestly, I wouldnt mind just playing in the $50k guarantee. It has 15 min levels and a 3k starting stack. that is a pretty nice structure that suits my style nicely.

Today I had the biggest hand I have ever won. Actually, I did get involved in a multiway pot where I hit the fullhouse with QQ, but I dont think it paid off quite as nicely as the hand i had tonight. I was up about $150 early in my session but then ran QQ into AA on a jack hi board effectively negating all my profits for the session. I was grinding it out and slowly losing to a lot of aggression from other players. I need to pull it back a bit and play more selectively because I am playing timidly and letting the aggressive player take control. I was also missing every flop...except for this one...

I had about $183 and was in the BB. It was folded around to the SB who limped. I had K10o and raised to 7. The Sb called and we saw a flop of AQJ 2 clubs and a spade. I flopped broadway, but I didnt like the 2 clubs, so I raised $10 into the $14 pot. The SB popped me to $30 and I reraised to $75. the SB called and we saw a 5 of spades hit the turn. The SB checked and I pushed my final $100 into the pot and he called. The river was a 9 of clubs and I was pretty nervous that he was on the flush draw, but he tabled AQ and my straight held up. I had a nice pot of just under $365. It was nice hitting a big hand when I typically buy in for about $100-120 and shut it down when I get over $200 and I am not catching cards...overall was a good, fun night.

No comments: